Attention rum lovers! Due to an overwhelming demand for Bundaberg Rum Solera we've had to close web-store orders for now. Sign-up to the Bundaberg Rum email database, and we will send an update on when the product will be available to purchase online!
Bundaberg Rum Solera is the crowning masterpiece in the Bundaberg Master Distillers’ Collection. This is our finest and most intricate rum and testament to our unwavering search for true perfection in craftsmanship.
The complex solera process begins with our finest aged dark rum reserves, carefully matured in selected rich port, full-bodied bourbon and sweet sherry barrels. When ready, these beautiful matured rums are then expertly blended and further aged through a solera process in our famous vat 36.
The solera system ensures this special vat is never more than half – emptied, allowing the rum blends created inside to live on forever, gaining in complexity, character and legend over time.
This meticulous maturation process unleashes a complex, sweet, and exquisitely smooth rum, with notes of vanilla, fruitcake and butterscotch.
This rare rum is proudly released only when the Master Distillers’ Collective deem it worthy of bearing the Bundaberg Master Distillers’ Collection Solera label.
- Closure: The oak closure, inspired by the aged wood used to build vat 36, houses a high grade cork stopper that delivers what we consider a perfect acoustically engineered ‘THOOOP’ each and every time it’s unfastened.
- Bottle: Made of premium quality glass, the rectangular design was inspired by the iconic square MDC Bottle heralding proud, square shoulders.
- Label: At the bottle face, ‘Solera’ has been hand-written and foil stamped in a high build electric gold that shines as bright as a Bundaberg summer sunrise. On its side, a hand-written, hand-torn and hand-applied label houses the tasting notes of the Solera batch, and an individualised bottle and batch number unique to its owner.
- Gift box: Each bottle arrives with a hand designed outer case inspired by the hard crafted look of well worn leather. Complete with ‘worn edges’, this sturdy companion is reminiscent of a long loved Gladstone Leather Carry Case your Dad used for work.
- 700ml at 40% ABV
- Reasonable effort will be made to sell bottles in consecutive order. Matching numbers cannot be guaranteed.