Many attempts have been made in the course of food history to perfect the ultimate BBQ marinade. Undoubtedly the missing ingredient has been Bundaberg Mutiny Spiced. This delectable liquid wasn't just made for cola, BBQ pork ribs have met their match.
- 1 cup Bundaberg Mutiny Spiced Rum
- 2 x (2-pound) racks baby back pork ribs
- 1 tablespoon jerk seasoning blend
*Makes approximately 3 standard drinks
- Rinse and pat ribs dry.
- If desired, remove thin membranes from backs of ribs, using a paper towel for a better grip. (This will make ribs more tender.)
- Rub ribs evenly with jerk seasoning.
- Pour rum in a shallow dish or zip-top plastic freezer bag; add ribs, turning to coat.
- Cover or seal, and chill 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Light 1 side of grill, heating to medium heat (325° to 350°). Place a drip pan beneath unlit side. Remove ribs from marinade, let drain quickly, and place on grate above drip pan.
- Grill (with lid closed), turning occasionally, 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until ribs are browned and tender and meat has shrunk back from bone.
- Brush ribs with 1/2 cup Sticky Rum BBQ Sauce, and grill 15 more minutes..
- Serve with additional sauce.