ROYAL LIQUEUR SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE
Looking for the next greatest thing to wow the pants off your dinner guests? Better yet - looking for the next best thing to complete your ice cream indulgence. This Bundaberg Royal Liqueur Salted Caramel sauce recipe just took caramel sauce recipes to a whole other league. What are you waiting for? You have a date with heaven!
- 5 tablespoons Bundaberg Royal Liqueur Salted Caramel
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream, heated
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into six cubes, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extractr
- Handful crushed nuts & candied orange peels (to garnish)
*Makes approximately 0.5 standard drinks
- Over medium-low heat, dissolve sugar into Royal Liqueur.
- Once smooth texture is formed, increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Stir frequently and continue to boil for 6-8 minutes, swirling the pot every 30 seconds. Wipe down the mixture from the sides of the pan so it doesn't stick and harden.
- Once the mixture has turned thick and deep golden, remove from heat.
- Add the heavy cream, whisking constantly (be careful the mixture will bubble!), followed by butter and salt.
- When everything is fully combined, stop whisking and cool for 4-5 minutes, then add vanilla extract.
- Once the consistency is thick and gooey, pour over vanilla ice-cream with crushed nuts and candied orange peels.