SWEET & SPICY BUNDY RUM MACADAMIAS
We know Queenslanders are nutty for macadamias... So we’ve made them even better! The perfect balance of sweet and spicy accompanied by that classic Bundy flavour.
0.4 Standard Drinks
- 15mL Bundaberg Rum Original UP
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt flakes
- 3 cups raw unsalted macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C
- In a bowl combine the maple syrup, melted butter, Bundaberg Rum, salt, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Mix with a spoon.
- Add the macadamia nuts and stir to coat
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and pour the nut mixture on in a single layer
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so until evenly golden and most of the syrupy mix has evaporated
- Set aside to cool gently seperating any large clumping of the nuts